Puppy Classes at Muskoka Animal Hospital
Ensure your puppy grows into the best dog he can be with our unique socialization program designed to prepare your puppy for life in the REAL WORLD.
Safe and effective socialization can prevent fear or aggression problems later as well as strengthen the bond between you and your puppy. Our Puppy classes will assist you in teaching your puppy to be calm and confident with new people, dogs, obstacles, places, sounds and commands.
Manners Modules provide practical training solutions to REAL LIFE situations:
- Learn how to communicate effectively and what to do about biting and chewing!
- Cope better around food and meal times (both yours and his!)
- Enjoy leashed walks together without pulling and tugging
- Help your pet feel at ease at the vets or groomers
- Learn techniques for more fun and less anxiety at the dog park
- Help your dog learn how to respond appropriately to visitors to your home.
• With over 16 years teaching puppy classes with the Canadian Kennel Club , our Registered Veterinary Technician, Rosemary Holtz has designed a program specifically aimed to prevent the most common problems people experience with new puppies. Rosemary has continued to learn and practice positive reinforcement principles that make our classes fun and informative for both puppy and parent! Rosemary is also accredited as a Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed by the Certification council for Professional Dog Trainers. • Our program is offered right here at Muskoka Animal Hospital and is therefore veterinarian supervised.